Calysto during the Covid-19 Pandemic
Like everyone else, we have had to make some adjustments in order to stay safe during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Earlier this season, all our summer performances were cancelled. We also temporarily cancelled group practices and replaced
them with Monday night Zoom practices. Not quite the same :(
We have resumed practicing in our common space, with the following safety measures in place:
- Bandroom was completely cleaned and sanitized before our return. Thanks to our president, Daphne.
- Sanitizer is available at the front door. All band member sanitize hands as they enter.
- Sanitizer and cloths are used to wipe down pans at the beginning and end of practice.
- Only one person to enter and exit the building at a time.
- Only our private entrance is to be used to enter the bandroom.
- For now, no car pooling unless absolutely necessary. And then, passenger is to sit in back.
- Instruments are separated by a minimum of 2 metres, and players are to honour the 2m distancing protocol.
- One of our long-time members graciously made us all bright and fun, washable masks to wear during practice. Thanks Wendy!
We are once again taking booking requests and are considering them on a case-by-case basis. A few key things
we look at are:
- Is the even indoors or outdoors?
- How many will be attending the event?
- Will there be enough room for us to maintain social distancing practices?
- Will there be space for us to store our belongings safely?
- Can event attendees honour the social distancing protocols?
- Will masks be worn by event attendees? (less important when outside)
Like many of you, we are still trying to figure this all out. We are exciting to think about performing again, but
our main concern is still the safety of our members & their families, our friends & fans, and our community.
Stay safe, everyone!